Doing business with Tampa Electric, Peoples Gas, or New Mexico Gas, TECO Energy companies
Tampa Electric, Peoples Gas, and New Mexico Gas place great importance on doing business with qualified suppliers and contractors. Each year, we receive many inquiries from suppliers and contractors.
Tampa Electric, Peoples Gas, and New Mexico Gas carefully evaluate potential suppliers on the following criteria:
- Competitive Prices
- Safe Work Practices
- Sound Environmental Practices
Register or update your information. If we see a potential need for your products or services, a representative will contact you to fill out an expanded questionnaire. At that time, a determination will be made as to whether your products or services meet our criteria as a qualified supplier. If we do not have a current need for your products or services, your information will be kept on file for 12 months.
TECO Energy, Tampa Electric, Peoples Gas, and New Mexico Gas subscribe to the Institute for Supply Management's Principles and Standards of Ethical Supply Management Conduct.
Supplier Administration and Self-reporting Program
TECO Energy is committed to developing a supplier base that consists of diverse, ambitious suppliers, who will provide unsurpassed goods and services. TECO Energy aims to maintain a world-class Supplier Diversity Program.
This is accomplished by:
- creating a "level playing field" for qualified firms
- creating an internal culture that embraces the business reasons for diversifying our supplier base
- leveraging non-minority business partners to utilize diverse suppliers
- extending the economic benefits to the communities in which we live
One Central Repository: Secure central repository to provide information required to do business with TECO Energy (e.g., all certification, licenses, safety programs information and ratings, financial reports, etc.). If you wish to conduct business with TECO Energy, please click here to register your company with us.
Save Time: Information stored in the repository is available to TECO Energy's Contract Managers. This will save Suppliers time by reducing ad-hoc requests for such information.
Compliance with contract terms: Participation in this program will help maintain compliance with certain contract terms. For example, Suppliers will be notified of expiring certifications.
Up-to-date Company and Contact information: Suppliers can ensure that TECO Energy has the most up-to-date information about their products and services, and the appropriate contacts.
Information about TECO Energy and Supplier Diversity
Supplier Diversity's mission is to help TECO Energy do business and pursue partnerships with high-quality small, minority, HUBZone, veteran, service-disabled veteran and women-owned businesses.
- To promote the use of small, minority, HUBZone, veteran, service-disabled veteran and women-owned businesses by TECO Energy companies and prime contractors.
- To participate and host events that assists these suppliers in doing business with TECO Energy.
- To actively represent TECO Energy in small, minority and women-owned business associations and organizations.
TECO Energy accepts small, minority, HUBZone, veteran, service-disabled veteran and women-owned business certification from organizations, such as:
- The National Minority Supplier Development Council;
- Regional Minority Supplier Development Councils of the NMSDC;
- The Women's Business Enterprise National Council; and
- Federal, state and local governmental agencies.
Thank you for your interest in becoming a qualified supplier for Tampa Electric, Peoples Gas, or New Mexico Gas.