In order to qualify for the New Construction Rebates, Peoples Gas customers must be occupying an all new commercial brick & mortar building, or a commercial building that has undergone a complete renovation, or a commercial building that has been renovated due to a change of occupancy type. Customers must have an active Peoples Gas Meter to qualify for any rebate.
Customers must also have either installed ENERGY STAR appliances (tankless water heaters with a minimum efficiency of 82% also qualify for the rebate) or provide Peoples Gas with engineering stamped design plans showing original intent to build with a competing fuel source (i.e. electric or propane).
Customers must also fall within one of the following Business Categories:
- Small & Large Food - Defined as commercial establishments primarily engaged in the retail sale of prepared food & drinks for on premise or immediate consumption. Caterers and institutional food services establishments are also included in this industry.
- Small Food – Customer's annual consumption is less than 9,000 therms.
- Large Food – Customer's annual consumption is greater than 9,000 therms.
- Commercial Other – Defined as commercial customers who are not associated with the food service, hospitality or cleaning industries. Customer's annual consumption is greater than 4,000 therms.
- Hospitality & Lodging – Defined as commercial establishments known to the public as hotels, motor hotels, motels, or tourist courts that are primarily engaged in providing lodging or lodging and meals for the general public.
- Cleaning Services & Laundromat – Defined as commercial establishments primarily engaged in operating mechanical laundries with steam or other power and engaged in supplying laundered or dry cleaned clothing on a contract or fee basis.
Available Commercial New Construction Rebates for qualified businesses include:
How to use these tables: (1) Find the appliance you are installing. (2) If Tank Water Heater or Range, determine Business Category (3) On your chosen appliance category - find your total cost (purchase + installation) in the cost scale shown. (4) Your rebate will be listed to the right of your listed cost scale.
|Tankless Water Heater
|Tank Water Heater
|Tank Water Heater
All Categories Except Small Food
Large Food & Hospitality
In order to receive a New Construction Rebate, you must meet the following criteria:
- To qualify, customers must do one of the following:
- Appliances installed must be ENERGY STAR certified, (tankless water heaters with a minimum efficiency of 82% also qualify for the rebate),
- Provide engineering stamped design plans that show original intent of project was to install a competing fuel source.
Qualifying appliances must have been purchased within the 12 months prior to the date of Peoples Gas's receipt of the application.
- Fall within the requirements of a Business Category.
- Install the appropriate commercial grade natural gas appliance or equipment. (Contact a representative at 877-832-6747 to determine if your appliance or equipment is eligible for the rebate.)
NOTE: used, leased or refurbished equipment does not qualify.
- Customer/contractor shall provide manufacturer's specification sheets for the installed equipment.