Mission and Principles
TECO Energy is built on a foundation of more than 100 years of history. We incorporate the strengths of three businesses and support services to work together as one united company. In the spirit of coming together, we have chosen to reinforce the principles that unify our companies. We believe that by agreeing on, practicing and reinforcing these principles at all levels, we will become a stronger and more unified organization.
TECO is proud to be a subsidiary of Emera Inc., a geographically diverse energy and services company headquartered in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada. The company invests in electricity generation, transmission and distribution, as well as gas transmission and utility energy services with a strategic focus on transformation from high carbon to low carbon energy sources. Emera has investments throughout North America and in four Caribbean countries.
Delivering value to energy customers, shareholders, team members and communities.
Working with integrity has always been important at Emera Companies. We hold ourselves to high ethical standards and pride ourselves on our commitment to doing the right thing for our customers, our environment, our shareholders, other stake holders and to each other.
Emera's Code of Conduct outlines the Emera Companies' fundamental Principles and establishes a standard of ethical business conduct that is expected from all of our board members, officers and employees.
Safety, Health & the Environment:
- We are committed to health and wellness and strive to live and work injury free.
- We believe that all injuries are preventable and that safety of life outweighs all other considerations.
- We are committed to meeting our business objectives in a manner which is respectful and protective of the environment.
- We safely deliver cost-effective and reliable energy to meet our customers' needs.
- We seek cleaner, affordable and more sustainable energy solutions.
- We are deeply invested in our communities.
- We build trust by finding common interest and always acting with integrity.
- We hold ourselves to high ethical standards.
- We comply with the laws, regulations and policies that govern us.
Respect & Collaboration:
- We treat all people with respect and value diversity.
- We achieve results through collaboration.
- We deliver on our commitments to customers, shareholders, other stakeholders and each other.
- We seek continuous improvement and tenaciously pursue creative solutions.
- We invest in the growth of our people and the development of leaders.