Natural Gas Furnace
- Maximum efficiency - today's models are up to 98% efficient
- Enhanced comfort with air up to 25 degrees warmer than an electric heat pump
- Sustainable cost savings over time with less energy use
- Delivers up to 25 degree warmer air than heat pump
- Furnace only operates in cold weather
- Significantly reduces cold drafts
- No more cold blow. Feels warm instantly
- Results in twice the life of a heat pump
- Keeps the entire house at the thermostat setting
- Call Peoples Gas at 877 TECO PGS to find out if energy saving natural gas is available for your home.
- Choose your natural gas appliance(s).
- Select an installing contractor. Find a listing for your area.
- After installation, collect your rebate (if applicable) from your contractor or Peoples Gas. When collecting from Peoples Gas, you'll need proof of purchase and installation and a completed energy conservation rebate form.
- Service heating systems annually and adjust for maximum efficiency.
- Set thermostats between 65 to 68 degrees Fahrenheit in winter.
- Turn thermostat off when home is unoccupied for four hours or more.
- Have your duct system sealed and ensure windows and doors are properly weather-stripped.
- Run ceiling fans at low speeds, and set them to rotate clockwise in winter.
- Change or clean HVAC filters monthly.
- Close fireplace dampers when not burning a fire.
- Close shades and drapes at night to keep heat inside during the winter